One School of the Arts cultivates an active learning environment where students participate and experience their education. Classrooms are like studios or labs, and every teacher’s focus is wholehearted engagement. School can be fun while being challenging. Every grade level focuses on a strong educational approach and a foundational objective. Students become scholars, and they are encouraged to discover their strengths, to fail and grow, and to be curious and collaborate.
We are a school that celebrates the arts.
- Culinary Arts
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Communicative Arts
Through our four pillars of the arts, scholars freely experiment like painters with a palette and scientists with a theory.
We offer a progressive, research-based curriculum that aligns with Florida standards, and balances creativity, technology, and rigor.We champion outdoor fitness and lunchtime recreation, and indoor learning environments are carefully planned.Our teachers are intentional about helping develop character and making real connections with students.
Through cultural events, community engagement, service projects, and international experiences, we position our students to become scholars, and therefore, key influencers in today’s world.
From Early Childhood to 12th grade, each educational approach increases daily engagement and focuses on next grade preparedness and college and career readiness through creativity, innovation and collaboration -- which are in demand 21st century skills. The arts are experienced first as enrichment classes and then middle school electives where scholars discover and explore our four pillars. By high school, scholars are choosing their elective track based upon interest, academic guidance, and mentor support. At One School of the Arts, both families and faculty share in the educational story that scholars invent and create throughout their years as an OSOTA lion.
- Active learning environments where students participate and experience their education rather than static, one dismensional instruction.
- Classrooms are like studios or labs, where every teacher’s focus is wholehearted engagement.
- Next grade preparedness and college and career readiness.
- Creativity, innovation and collaboration -- vital, in demand 21st century skills.
- School should be fun while being challenging, and everyone can share in the story that scholars ultimately invent and create throughout their years as an OSOTA lion.
- Exposure to the arts comes in stages intentionally. We design our curriculum so scholars can rotate and explore, discover their interests, and deepen their knowledge of the arts.