Meet Mrs. Lieser - OSOTA's resident OBOIST (Say that 10 times). She's also the new Orchestra & Band Director and the most active outdoor explorer we have ever met. However, her talent is teaching and playing the oboe (pronounced oh-bo)-- not scouting it through the forest...you may want to ask her about her waterfall experience and the trouble cliff...er, the treble cleff. (Couldn't resist....)
[A Note About Mrs. Lieser]
Prior to her arrival at OSOTA, Mrs. Lieser served as a music educator in Florida public schools. She has a BME from Stetson University (2001).
In addition to teaching, she performs the oboe with the St. Andrew’s Sinfonia at St. Andrew’s Chapel and serves as the oboe section leader of the Southern Winds wind symphony.
She also serves as a faculty member for the annual Stetson University Double Reed Workshop-- an intense weeklong summer camp where she coaches chamber groups, teaches oboe reed making and directs the camp’s Concert Band.
Mrs. Lieser holds professional memberships with the Florida Bandmasters Association, the Florida Orchestra Association, the Florida Music Educators Association, the National Association for Music Education (NAƒME).
What's New This Year?
- Scholars in band and orchestra get to play concerts and music festivals around Central Florida.
- Thinking ahead, there are even scholarships available for musicians who wish to continue to play their instrument in college (even if you are not a music major!!).
- There is NO EXPERIENCE required for Band or Orchestra! I
- Mrs. Lieser teaches everything from the beginning!! That’s right, even if you have never touched a musical instrument before, you will learn to play an instrument and read music.
- Private and Group Music Lessons with professional musicians for all band and orchestra instruments.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your scholar is curious about an instrument, come try it out! We are going to make some fun, crazy sounds at our Instrument Petting Zoo in the OSOTA Auditorium on Friday, August 26th right after school.
If your scholar is signed up for Band or Orchestra, he or she may have the opportunity to try out EVERY instrument. Together we figure out which instrument is the best fit to be the most successful. Plus, it's tons of fun. There will be a brief parent Q & A from 5:00pm - 5: 30pm.
The instruments scholars may play in beginning band are:
The instruments scholars may play in beginning orchestra are: